What is a CC Cream?
A CC cream is a colour corrector and is lighter in texture on the skin than a foundation or BB cream. A CC cream is designed to address issues such as redness or sallowness (usually with light-diffusing particles).
Bourjois Paris 123 Perfect CC Cream
- Correct and perfect your complexion with this cream. Its 3 colour correcting pigments give a fresh and luminous result, containing an SPF 15 and also 24hr hydration.
- £9.99 for 30ml.
- Can be purchased at Boots, Superdrug, or from online stores.
- Coverage – light to medium.
- An oil-free formula.
- Available in 4 shades – Ivory, Light Beige, Rose Beige & Bronze.
- Apricot for anti-fatigue // green for anti-redness // white for anti-dark spots.
Very clever, but does it work?
I Say …It neutralises redness and brightens up dull skin, covering dark circles well. The formula makes my skin happy and I love the radiant glow it gives. It looks extremely natural on my skin and looks like I am wearing barely anything. I wanted something lightweight in texture that would easily glide onto my skin for a smooth application for Spring/Summer and this does exactly what it says. You only need to apply a small amount (on your finger or with the use of a stippling brush) to the centre of your face and blend outwards towards the jawline. It is a very light and watery texture (more like a lotion than a cream), therefore do NOT squeeze it vigorously or you will make a bit of a mess! I feel that it suggests it would not offer a great coverage, however it definitely does, so much that I did not need use of a concealer for daytime wear.
The only negative aspect I have to say about using this CC cream is that over time, as the weather got warmer, my skin started to breakout and my face started to look shiny after just hours of putting it on, therefore it is not my ideal Summer solution after all (but great for Spring!).
I haven’t yet tried the CC Eye Cream to go along with this product, however I would be more than happy to experiment with both in the future and give my review!
- Shades : Ivory or Light Biege are great for pale and fair skin tones, whilst Rose Beige or Bronze will suit olive skin tones to those with a slightly darker complexion.
- Texture : Its lightweight, liquid texture easily glides onto your skin for a smooth application.
- Fragrance : Mild.
- Skin Benefits : Hydration, neutralises redness, brightens skin and corrects complexion.
- Coverage : Light to Medium.
- Lasting Power : 8 to 9 hours (powder needed to touch up).
- Result / Finish : Semi dewy and natural.
Who Is It Suited For?
- Those with good skin.
- Those with redness or sallowness.
- Those with dark circles.
- Those wanting a light, natural looking coverage base.
- Those who have little time to apply makeup.
- Those with a sensitive skin type (suitable for every skin type).
Who Is It Not Suited For?
- Those looking for a high coverage product.
- Those who like a shine-free, matte finish.